Monday, September 28, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna - baked, not slow cooked

I revised this recipe from my favorite slow cooking blog. I was bad and I oven baked my lasagna this weekend since we were home. I personally like a crunchy crust to my lasagna and I have not been brave enough to try one in the slow cooker yet.

My revisions:

1 package oven ready lasagna noodles
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I use tomato & basil)
1/4 cup (or more depending on your taste) of hot sauce (I use Frank's)
8 oz ricotta cheese
2 cups shreaded cheese (I mix mozzerella & cheddar)
6 oz cubed grilled chicken (I bought mine at Aldi)
blue cheese crumbles to taste

Spray your baking pan with cooking spray. Mix pasta sauce and hot sauce together. Add one spoonful of sauce to bottom of pan. Layer noodles, riccotta, chicken, shreaded cheese, sauce & repeat. Top your last layer of noodles with sauce, shreaded cheese and blue cheese crumbles.

Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven COVERED for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let sit 15 minutes before cutting.

I served with butternut squash which I cooked with butter & brown sugar, to offset any "kick" from the lasagna.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Holly! I too shop at Aldi, and love to cook, so will be trying this recipe very soon.

    ReplyDelete