Friday, October 30, 2009

Korean Ribs

I *LOVE* Asian flavors! The first time I had ever had Korean food was when Katrin & Julie took me to a Korean BBQ for my birthday. Ever since I found this recipe, I have been "chomping at the bit" to try it!

Korean Ribs from A Year of Slow Cooking Blog

1 package (1.5 lbs) country style ribs (on sale this week at Aldi!)
1 cup soy sauce (I grew up with Kikkoman)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
5 whole jalapeno peppers (do not cut these)

I put the ribs on the bottom (I did NOT brown them first), and added all the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 8-9 hours. Discard peppers after cooking.

I will report tonight what my official taste tester's opinion is.

This is a FAVORITE! I have been making this every week or two!

2 comments:

  1. Jeff and I love our slow cooker...we just made this one from Food network...It was wonderful...
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/slow-cooker-pork-stew-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU Michele! We must try this soon!

    ReplyDelete