Saturday, December 19, 2009

Super Simple Cranberry Roast

I haven't updated this blog recently as I have been addicted to the Korean Ribs! I think we have had them nearly weekly!

Tonight I am in the mood for a cranberry flavor and I am trying another recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking - Super Simple Cranberry Roast.

2-3 pounds beef or pork roast or stew chunks (I picked up a nice 2.5 lb. pork roast at BJ's)

1 tablespoon dried onion flakes, or 1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 tablespoons soy sauce (I only use Kikkoman)
1 (16-ounce) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 package brown gravy mix (my addition - it just needed a bit "something" and this worked well!)


that's it!

The Directions:

Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Plop in the meat (frozen is fine), and add the onion and soy sauce & gravy mix packet. Pour in the entire can of cranberry sauce over the top. Do not add water. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 5-6. If you are cooking on high, you may need to "help" the meat break apart by taking it out an hour or so before serving by cutting it into chunks, then returning to the sauce. I like it when the meat is tender and the juice has fully soaked in.

I always cook onl low with plenty of time. Can't wait to try this tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment