Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cream of Mushroom Soup

It's been over a YEAR since I last posted on this blog. Not one new post in 2010. I plan to change that. My resolution for 2011 is to make soup. Leonard loves creamed soups and my personal favorite is Cream of Mushroom.

This is so simple and quick. I am sorry, it is not made in the slow cooker but on the stove top.

1 pound mushrooms
1/4 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy cream or 1 can evaporated milk
1 can chicken broth
freshly ground pepper

Optional (I did not do this) 1 Tablespoon dry sherry

Slice enough mushrooms to make one cup, Chop remaining mushrooms.

Melt butter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook all mushrooms in butter about 10 min., stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown. Sprinkle with flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.

Gradually stir in cream and broth, heat until hot. Stir in sherry. Sprinkle with pepper to taste.

This is divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment